Fall Cleanup Date: Saturday, September 28, 2013
Location: Shepard Road (Enter from Montreal/Elway and head South)
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Location: Shepard Road (Enter from Montreal/Elway and head South)
Call the Highland District Council for more information: (651) 695-4005
To Volunteer for Fall call (651) 695-4000 or email Kathy at email@example.com
What Can you Bring? — Continuing this fall – Household Hazardous Waste
West 7th Shredding Services will be at the Clean up – cost $8/per grocery bag or $13 for a bankers box, cash only.
Highland / Macalester-Groveland
Fall & Spring Cleanups
The Fall & Spring Cleanups are one-day events which allow residents to discard just about anything. The Community Council brings together haulers and vendors in one central location and make efforts to reuse or recycle your old stuff for less cost than you would pay a garbage hauler to take it away. This event is only open to Macalester-Groveland and Highland residents, so bring your driver’s license or a bill with your name and address. To volunteer at the event, or to learn more about it, please email Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items should be packed in this order, as this is the order in which the stations will appear, starting with items that should be placed on top:
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Tires of all sizes.
- Children’s items, such as books, toys and clothes.
- Reusable household goods. Almost anything that is in good shape may be left at the reuse area.
- Electronics including computers and computer-related equipment, televisions, phones, fax and copier machines .
- Cell phones.
- Bicycles functional or non-functional.
- Metals-these items will be stripped down, so anything you have that includes a significant amount of metal should be left here. Even better, strip it down before you bring it!
- Lawn mowers and snow blowers.
- Construction debris and architectural salvage (anything that comes off your house).
- Mattresses, carpets and other materials not accepted at other stations
- Concrete and rock including patio blocks and other items that are not pure concrete must go to construction debris.
- Appliances (curbside pick up is still available on Monday Oct 12 call J R appliance 651-454-9215)
- Hazardous Waste – antifreeze, car batteries, propane tanks, oil, or paint need special handling for disposal. or Call 651-633-EASY to find the nearest Hazardous Waste location
Items Not Accepted
- Recyclables – paper, plastic, glass, cardboard, etc. can be set out for Friday (Mac-Grove) or Monday (Highland) regular recycling pick-ups.
- Household refuse – will be picked up by your trash hauler..
- Brush & Compost – Call 651-633-3279 for a drop-off site nearest you.
- Unused/expired medicines
The cost will be $15 for a car, $20 for a pick-up truck, station wagon, minivan, trailer or SUV, and $30 for larger loads and vehicles. Additional charges include $2 for car tires, $3 for truck tires, $7 for semi tires, tractor tire prices starting at $30. There will be additional $5 fee for each electronic item (keyboards and computer mouse are free) . There will also be a charge of $15 per mattress and $15 per box spring. Shredding is available at $8.00 for a grocery bag and $13.00 for a banker box. Cash only for shredding.